Why make these? They’re easy, you can choose to bake them or you can just pop them in the fridge, they’re dairy free (except if you use dairy chocolate), and gluten free. They do have sugar but you don’t have to add sugar if you don’t want to.
I just bought some MCT oil after hearing so much about it. MCTs are medium chain triglycerides, they are found in coconut oil but nowadays there is a more concentrated form available which you can use to cook with, put in smoothies, coffee, etc. It supports the high fat diets like the Tim Noaks diet and the bulletproof diet. MCTs help with weight management and apparently give you more energy than carbohydrates and protein and help with heart health & brain health. Apparently we should be consuming this stuff everyday but because of the common misconception of “fats are bad” we tend to cut out all fats, even the good ones. I recently bought the Bullet proof diet book on kindle and am very excited to learn more on this concept and of course will inform you once I know more about it.
What you need:
- 1/4 cup almond butter, I use the ohmega nut butter because I love the consistency and the taste.
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1tbsp MCT oil (or just another spoon of coconut oil)
- 1 and 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp of coconut flour
- 1/2 a bar of chocolate (I used the Belgian chocolate from woolworths that has no added sugar. It still has a little bit of sugar but not a drastic amount. It was delicious but if you want to add a dairy free and sugar free chocolate you’re more than welcome to substitute that in)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2tbsp honey
What you gotta do:
- Mix all the wet ingredients in one bowl
- Mix all the dry ingredients in another
- Add it together
- Choose whether you want to put them in the fridge and not bake them or bake them.
- I chose to bake them for 15 minutes and then put them in the fridge for about 30 minutes and they came out great 👍🏻 if you wanted to just put them in the fridge I rate you could just pop them in there for 45 min or an hour and they’d be just as good too.
- You can freeze them as well I just had no space in my freezer (as usual)
I hope you enjoy them. I’ll be making a post tonight or tomorrow which incorporates my food for the week and my workout for the week. I tried some really yummy recipes this week and I can’t wait to share them with you.