Last Sunday I made 4 batches of burnt biscuits. To be totally honest I lack a lot of skill in the biscuit department and so making a recipe that was so basic and easy was exactly what I was aiming for…
There’s a protein free option and a protein option (I know I’m generous)
Protein free option
Add to a bowl in the order that I’m listing and mix after each addition till blended.
– 1/4 cup coconut oil (room temp)
-1 egg white
-2 tbsp honey
-3 tbsp cacao
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 cup oats
– 3 tsp chia seeds
– 4 or 5 dates (they’re the best part!!!) I just pulled them apart and evenly distributed them in the mixture but you could use a food processor to combine everything except the oats and then just fold in the oats later. Or just chop the dates and mix them in.
I don’t think it actually matters in what order you add everything just mix it all together and then drop them on a baking tray and cook for like 5-10 min. They cook really quick. It’s okay if they’re still a bit soft when you take them out. They’ll harden as they cool.
-additional option would be to add choc chips (I didn’t but I don’t think anyone’s ever added choc chips to a recipe and regretted it??)
Same as above just add
– 2 tbsp chocolate protein powder
-1 extra egg white
– take out the honey because most protein powders are sweetened already
Banana ice cream
– 3 chopped and frozen bananas
– once frozen, take them out the freezer and rinse them in water so they thaw a bit. Then pop them in the blender with no liquid and blend and mix and blend and mix until eventually it’s THICK and heavenly.
– put it into a Tupperware and add any flavors. I added nut butter, salt and cacao.
– put back in the freezer for 10 min and then scoop like ice cream