Aka – thee ultimate comfort food!
I would definitely serve it with a vegan ice cream (Paul’s homemade vegan ice cream or their sugar free ice cream is my personal favorite. The carb clever frozen yoghurt from woolies is also yummy) and some fresh berries.
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp milk of choice ( I used sunflower seed milk)
- 1 cup almond flour (or half almond half coconut or 1 cup coconut flour) sifted
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup nut butter of choice (I used almond)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Whisk the eggs, add all the wet ingredients. Add in all the dry ingredients. Then place in a skillet or pan. Don’t make the biscuit layer too thick. If there is left over biscuit mixture just make mini biscuits. Be aware that these will cook quicker than the skillet biscuit/ brownie combo.
- 180 grams canned apples
- 50 grams choc protein
- 3 egg whites
- 40 grams peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Pop that all in the blender and blend until all combined and smooth. Pour that over the biscuit layer and bake for 15 minutes on 230 degrees Celsius. All ovens are different so just watch it, if a knife comes out clean – it’s done.